[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Contact Improvisation in the pool this Sunday

Nicole Bindler nicolebindler at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 12:46:06 EDT 2017

Hello Philly dancers!

The next two Sundays, Aug 6th and 13th, 1-3pm I'll be teaching Contact
Improvisation in a centrally located pool. *Please RSVP to me via email by
midnight each Saturday to confirm the location: nicolebindler at gmail.com
<nicolebindler at gmail.com>*

Our usual dance environment consists of air and the floor. In the water,
the floor is less significant, gravity is much less of a factor, and all of
our surfaces are in contact, and influenced by water pressure even before
we make contact with another person. Water dancing creates opportunities
for new kinds of movement and interesting limitations. There will be
options for those who want to fully submerge their heads and those who do
not.

We'll meet on the side of the pool at 1pm and dive in shortly after that.
Please bring a swimsuit, towel, water, and sunscreen.

More info about me here <https://www.nicolebindler.com/about>.

See you at the pool!
-Nicole

--
*Bindler <http://www.nicolebindler.com/>*

The Institute for Somatics and Social Justice
<https://www.somaticsandsocialjustice.org/>
Donate to our scholarship fundraiser!
<https://www.generosity.com/education-fundraising/somatics-and-social-justice-scholarships--2/x/16414619>
Like us on Facebook!