[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Franklin Method classes starting 7/11 through 8/1

shannon murphy murphy.moves at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 08:44:59 EDT 2017

*4 weeks of Franklin Method with Shannon Murphy*

*When*:     Tuesday's July 11 through August 1 from 6-7:30 pm

*Where*:    Philadelphia Dance Academy
              219 Cuthbert St, 3rd floor
              Philadelphia, PA.  19106

*Cost*:        Drop in cost per class - $20.00
               1 pair of Franklin orange balls - $20*
               All four classes - $60.00
               All four classes and 1 pair of Franklin orange balls- $75*

*Registration via email is helpful if you plan to purchase the Franklin Balls
to take with you. Email Shannon at Murphy.moves at gmail.com with the subject
line: FM registration.

Payments can be made in cash during class or via PayPal. Please email me
for details.

*What*:        Experience effortless alignment and balance for the whole
body through the Franklin Method. We use Dynamic Neurocognitive Imagery ©,
functional anatomy, and movement in a student-centered learning
environment. Imagery and language are used to guide our understanding of
complex subject matter at all levels of experience. Evolutionary logic will
provide a fresh and practical understanding of the anatomy and biomechanics
of the body.

These classes will focus on the practical application of imagery techniques
to increase the power, alignment, and flexibility throughout the body. To
balance the action of the joints we will experience the natural bone
rhythms in support of healthy function. This in turn, will increase our
stability, mobility and allow us to move more closely to the way our bodies
are designed rather than through our habits.  We will learn how to use the
Franklin balls to release tension, create more awareness and balance the
joints and muscles.

*Shannon's  bio:*
Shannon Murphy has been a level 3 certified Franklin MethodEducator since
2011 and has been studying with Eric Franklin for 10 years. Currently she
has been assisting Eric in workshops and trainings and will soon be one of
the first faculty members trained to certify Franklin Method Teachers. She
has been specializing in Franklin Method for Dance and has taught in many
schools and universities including Drexel University,  Georgian Court
University, Swarthmore College, University of the Arts, and Temple
University.  She teaches an intro course at UArts and uses FM to help coach
dancers who are recovering from injury. Shannon teaches private lessons to
not only dancers but anyone who wants to prevent injury and feel and move
better!  Shannon uses Franklin Method as a creative tool for movement
generation when making dances and fuses the work inside of her technique
classes. You can see and learn more about her dance work at
www.shannonmurphydance.com
--
Shannon Murphy

co-director of idiosynCrazy productions