[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Movement Practice (Tuesdays!) and A Series of Informal Events (June 16!) with The Naked Stark

Katherine Stark thenakedstark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:04:52 EDT 2017

*Movement Practice with The Naked Stark*

Tuesdays: 10:00am - 11:30am
at Mascher Space Cooperative | 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA, 19122
$10 Drop-In | $32 4-Class Package

Initiation & Follow-Through: A release-based technique class with *Katherine
Kiefer Stark / The Naked Stark*

Blending Kline Technique, Safety Release Technique, and release technique,
Katherine's class is an energetic exploration of movement from the inside
out. Emphasis is placed on the initiation of the movement and the path
the various
body parts take in space to discover how one's own body moves
within the movement. We embrace the space through phrases that move in and
out of the floor and carry us in and out of balance. Class begins quietly
and gradually builds in complexity, culminating in a dynamic phrase.
Sleeves and knee-pads or long pants are recommended.

*A Series of Informal Events*

Friday, June 16th | 7:00pm
at Mascher Space Cooperative | 155 Cecil B Moore, Philadelphia, PA, 19122
$5-10 Suggested Donation | No one will be turned away!

See The Naked Stark's latest project and give us feedback!

This month we'll be showing the most recent iteration of our current
work, *Visible
Structures *with *Sean Thomas Boyt*, *Marisa Illingworth*, *Meredith
Stapleton*, and* Katherine Kiefer Stark*.  We will also be hosting the work
of two guest artists: *Meredith Stapleton* and *Antonia Z Brown*!

Wine and delicious snacks will be provided during the feedback session with
the artists.

Facebook Event Link <https://www.facebook.com/events/1958113091068961>

* thenakedstark.com <http://www.thenakedstark.com/> - **Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/The-Naked-Stark-414163562036477/>* *- Instagram