[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Dance with Seattle-Based Artist Lauren Linder

Sean Thomas Boyt seanthomasboyt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:32:41 EDT 2017

Call for Dancers

Hello! My name is Lauren Linder, I am a choreographer and performer based
in Seattle, Washington. I will be resetting my piece “Underscored
Proscenium Grind” for a performance at The Iron Factory on Saturday, April
29th at 7:30 pm. The dance features live music composed and performed by
Philadelphia musician, Dr. Andy Thierauf. I am looking for 4 or 5 dancers
to donate their time and professional abilities to perform this dance. Each
dancer must be able to come to both rehearsals for the full time and be
available for the performance.

Time commitment – 2 days/6 hours of rehearsal + tech and performance

Wednesday, 4/26: 1:30pm-4:30pm at The Iron Factory
Thursday, 4/27: 3:00pm-6:00pm at The Iron Factory
Saturday, 4/28: 1-hour late afternoon technical rehearsal with musician
(time TBD), dancer call at 6:30pm

Although we will be resetting a dance, the process will be
semi-collaborative, involving re-working certain sections to fit new
humans. There will be sections of scored improvisation to accommodate the
short rehearsal process. Ideally, dancers will be comfortable
collaborating, improvising, and diving into new movement vocabulary.

E-mail me at llinder092 at gmail.com if you're interested/have any questions!

Lauren Linder
lsquareddanceproject.com