[PhiladelphiaDANCE.org Listserv] Fall Gaia Movement Workshop Oct. 22

Jenny Sawyer jroesawyer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:05:48 EDT 2016

>From The Earth Dance Project announces our
Fall Gaia Movement Workshop: Our Sensory Playground

Saturday October 22, 2016, 11am-3:30pm

Wissahickon Valley Park, Philadelphia, PA

*Price:* $45

REGISTER HERE for this workshop!
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaia-movement-workshop-series-tickets-23928747528>

*If you are looking for...*

·      *a deep physical connection to nature*

·      *a heightened ability to connect to the present moment*

·      *and a profound sense of belonging to the natural world*

*then this workshop is for you!*

Our *Gaia Movement Workshops* offer you a place to ground your energy in
the earth, reconnect with your body, activate your natural energy and
rejuvenate your spirit by using movement and mindfulness practices to
intentionally deepen your connection to the natural world.

Each of our seasonal workshops invites you to connect intimately with
nature by listening deeply to the sounds and the movements of the earth and
inviting them into your own physical & sensory awareness. You will be
invited to let the natural elements of the landscape to affect your body,
to move in response to them, and to create your own spontaneous dances with
the earth! During each workshop we will meet in a secluded spot in the
Wissahickon Woods and we will cultivate a relationship with that place by
witnessing it, moving with it and it will also witness and move with us.
This place will provide a secure space for you to dive deeply into your
sensory awareness so you can play, breath, feel, move, stretch, act, react
and discover how your body and soul want to move in relation to the earth!

*Gaia Movement Workshop Info*

*Fall Gaia Workshop: Our Sensory Playground*, Saturday October 22, 2016,
11am-3:30pm, Wissahickon Valley Park, Philadelphia, PA

*Price:* $45

REGISTER HERE for this workshop!
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/gaia-movement-workshop-series-tickets-23928747528>

*Not sure if this workshop is for you?*
This workshop is geared toward both dancers and non-dancers. It is for
anyone who enjoys moving their body and feels comfortable (or at least
interested in) exploring movement in an open-ended, improvisatory way. You
will be generating your own movement based on your own feelings, desires,
perceptions, energetic shifts, observations, etc. There will be many
guided, structured movement scores and explorations, but I will not be
giving you specific movements to do with your body. If you have further
questions, please contact us at 215-840-5710 or
fromtheearthdanceproject at gmail.com

--
Jenny Roe Sawyer
*From The Earth Dance Project*