As part of the Philadelphia Fringe Arts Festival, Philadelphia-based dance company allendance premieres its evening length work, Then The Tail, in Kensington’s community and performance space, The Iron Factory.
This site-specific work challenges how we hear and listen to our natural language. Then The Tail is created by artistic director Lora Allen and sound designer, Adam Vidiksis. The two create space to change the audience’s focus from meaning to sound. “I focus on…creating musical gestures—often emphasized by loops of the text—that alter, reverse, and stagger their typical temporal relationship in musical structure. Snippets of music collide, form, and spin out from each other, but frequently the result of the interaction precedes or joins the causal event”. Then The Tail is performed by company dancers – Elizabeth Weinstein, Ashley Lippolis, Crystal Nicole, and Andrea Lanzetti.
allendance is based in Philadelphia, PA and creates work out of their home space, The Iron Factory. Artistic director Lora Allen has presented work, and been in residence throughout the US and abroad including; Center for Performance Research (NYC), Christ Church Neighborhood House (PHL), Community Education Center (PHL), thefidget space (PHL), CHI Movement Center (PHL), The Iron Factory (PHL), TouchstoneTheater (PA), DeSales University (PA), Northwestern State University (LA), The Performance Garage (PHL), The Grande Theater (NJ), The Philadelphia Fringe Festival, Coventry University (UK), Wilson College (PA), Triskelion Arts Center (NYC), Movement Research (NYC), The Performance Garage (PHL),The University of Kansas (KS), and Dixon Place (NYC) allendance has previously collaborated with film-maker Adam Peditto, three-time Grammy Award winner Bob Lanzetti and musicians Ross Pederson, Peter Adams, and currently Adam Vidiksis.
Then The Tail
Friday September 8th- 8:00pm
Saturday September 9th- 3:00pm & 8:00pm
Sunday September 10th- 3:00pm
Tickets: $20 General Admission; $15 Student and Artist Discount
- BalletX and National Dance Institute’s Teacher Training Workshop - September 19, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Kicks-Off the 2017-2018 Season with Two Fall Programs - September 14, 2017
- Kulu Mele African Dance & Drum Ensemble – From Mali to America, October 15th - September 14, 2017
- WeftWorks Delves into Myths & Rituals of Ancient Crete in Mistress of the Maze - September 4, 2017
- 2017 Reflection-Response Commission presents Lela Aisha Jones | FlyGround - August 31, 2017
- BalletX Announces 2017-18 Season - August 22, 2017
- MUJERES tackles the power in the feminine, Sept 22-24 - August 20, 2017
- Duende Begins Its Fourth Season At Philly Fringe Festival, Sept 7-8 - August 20, 2017
- allendance experiments with sound in Then The Tail, Sept 8-10 - August 20, 2017
- Fringe Favorite JUNK takes over FORGOTTEN BOTTOM with the premiere of “…strand…” - August 19, 2017