Experience: A dance on a 30 foot drywall structure. Attempted human flight. Casually walking up a wall. Radically formal, free range reverence for the past. The poetry is just a series of punchlines.
Mira Treatman’s A1 will premiere in September as part of Philadelphia’s annual Fringe Festival. Treatman will present her work on the FringeArts digital platform and in performance at Da Vinci Art Alliance. A1 marks Treatman’s 10th anniversary since she presented her first Fringe production, a rock opera titled Acta et Verba in Café.
A1 is an amalgam of dance-theatre experiments and digital art, blending together on screen and in performance. Playing at the intersection of dance and architecture, this work meaningfully places the human form in relation to altered spaces and temporalities. A1 offers a generous slowing down in order to really see a space and to really see others.
Mira Treatman is a dance-theatre artist who creates live performances stemming from experimental research. She is interested in the intersections of human movement, design, and spatial/temporal politics. As a performer, she’s worked with Sylvain Emard, Zornitsa Stoyanova, Katherine Kiefer Stark, Irina Varina and Cie. Carabosse/Teatro Linea de Sombra. Mira’s work has been presented at Glasshouse ArtLifeLab, the Sandy Spring Museum, and Goldilocks Gallery. In 2017, Mira was an artist in residence at Arts Letters & Numbers.
Mira Treatman’s A1
September 24 at 7:00 pm
Da Vinci Art Alliance, 704 Catharine Street, Philadelphia
Tickets are available at a sliding scale at miratreatman.com/tickets.
The digital work can be viewed online in the festival’s digital platform at FringeArts.com/event/A1 starting September 7.
- BalletX and National Dance Institute’s Teacher Training Workshop - September 19, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Kicks-Off the 2017-2018 Season with Two Fall Programs - September 14, 2017
- Kulu Mele African Dance & Drum Ensemble – From Mali to America, October 15th - September 14, 2017
- WeftWorks Delves into Myths & Rituals of Ancient Crete in Mistress of the Maze - September 4, 2017
- 2017 Reflection-Response Commission presents Lela Aisha Jones | FlyGround - August 31, 2017
- BalletX Announces 2017-18 Season - August 22, 2017
- MUJERES tackles the power in the feminine, Sept 22-24 - August 20, 2017
- Duende Begins Its Fourth Season At Philly Fringe Festival, Sept 7-8 - August 20, 2017
- allendance experiments with sound in Then The Tail, Sept 8-10 - August 20, 2017
- Fringe Favorite JUNK takes over FORGOTTEN BOTTOM with the premiere of “…strand…” - August 19, 2017