Tangle Movement Arts presents Points of Light, a new compilation of aerial dance from Philadelphia’s innovative circus-theater artists. Weaving stories of hope, hard-won balance, and unexpected connection with live performances on trapeze and aerial silks, Points of Light premieres at Old City’s Neighborhood House on April 7-8, 2017.
Points of Light’s nine acrobats use trapeze and aerial silks to offer tales of women traveling blindfolded, surviving under the weight of the earth, and climbing to new heights. Tangle brings these intimate portrayals of shared support and individual persistence to the historic Great Hall in Old City’s Neighborhood House.
“Bridging movement, music, and spoken word, Points of Light shares fresh stories to support and sustain,” says Tangle founder Lauren Rile Smith. “Tangle’s aerial performance aims to push the boundaries of what you can expect to see in a circus show, and we’re thrilled to be working in the unique, grand space of Neighborhood House’s Great Hall.”
Tangle Movement Arts is a circus arts company with a contemporary twist, whose work integrates traditional circus like trapeze and aerial silks with dance, theater, and spoken word to tell a multi-dimensional story. Tangle’s work reflects individuals of diverse identities, with an emphasis on queer and female experiences, and is devised collaboratively by its all-female ensemble.
Tangle is based in Philadelphia and has been a Philly FringeArts Festival favorite since its inception in 2011. Philadelphia Weekly says Tangle “blends circus-style acrobatics with a smart theatrical spin.”
Points of Light premieres at Christ Church Neighborhood House (20 N. American Street) on Friday April 7th (8pm), and Saturday April 8th (3pm and 8pm). Tickets ($10-20) are available via www.tangle-arts.com.
***photo credit: Michael Ermilio
- Annenberg Center Live Brings Famed Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Back to Philadelphia after 10-year Absence, Oct 20-21 - October 17, 2017
- Philadelphia Dance Projects presents an “Informance” of Wolf-in-Skins, Nov 29-30 - October 15, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Kicks-Off the 2017-2018 Season with Two Fall Programs - October 14, 2017
- Brandywine Ballet announces the return of Nancy Page’s Dracula, Oct 20-22 - October 12, 2017
- PHILADANCO welcomes Kennedy Center Awardee, Carmen de Lavallade in H-I-S-T-O-R-Y , Dec 15-17 - October 10, 2017
- Annenberg Center Live Presents Haruki Murakami’s Sleep, October 27-28 - October 10, 2017
- Acclaimed Artist- Belén Maya, Comes to Drexel University - October 10, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - October 8, 2017
- Alonzo King LINES Biophony & The Propelled Heart at Swarthmore College, October 5th - September 28, 2017
- femme.collective presents in the shadows - September 28, 2017