Brandywine Ballet, Chester County’s premier, regional ballet company, is proud to announce its 2017 spring production of Beauty & The Beast to be held May 19 – 21, 2017. Brandywine Ballet continues its residency on the historic campus of West Chester University at Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall on 700 S. High Street, West Chester, PA.
This production of Beauty & The Beast is a new, full-length work based on the original story by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve. Resident Choreographer, Nancy Page has created a whimsical ballet in this new version of the classic fairy tale. A powerful spell is cast to tell a story of family, love, and passion as Beauty embarks on a journey through the forest and into a magical castle to meet the Beast. Enchanting characters of water flowers, bluebirds, and roses come to life to tell a tale of overcoming one’s fears and vulnerability, and the lesson that beauty is so much more than skin deep.
About Brandywine Ballet: Artistic Director Donna L. Muzio founded Brandywine Ballet in 1979. Bringing together professional, pre-professional, and special guest dancers from diverse artistic backgrounds and experiences, Brandywine Ballet has established itself as a formidable platform for dance training and performance in the Greater Philadelphia region. Brandywine Ballet is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is supported by admission fees, sponsorships, grants, and contributions.
Brandywine Ballet Proudly Presents: Beauty & The Beast
May 19 – 10am*
May 20 – 12pm & 4pm
May 21 – 2pm
Emilie K. Asplundh Concert Hall, 700 South High Street, West Chester, PA 19383
Ticket Prices: $25, $30, and $40 with Senior, University, and Group Discounts Available
*Morning performances are $10 for students or seniors (10 or more) and $18 for adults, groups only
Tickets are available online at www.brandywineballet.org or by calling the box office at 610-696-2711.
- Launch through time and space with Samantha Burns’ keep/sake: a choreographic memoir, May 5th - April 17, 2017
- Almanac Dance Circus Theatre – flipping wildly across the boundaries that separate us, May 3 & 5 - April 17, 2017
- Bryn Mawr College Dance Spring Concert, April 21-22 - April 12, 2017
- FringeArts presents Tania Isaac’s Crazy Beautiful, April 27-29 - April 6, 2017
- Dance Emerge showcases eclectic work by student choreographers, April 19-22 - April 6, 2017
- Faye Driscoll’s Thank You For Coming, April 14-15 - April 3, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Principal Dancer Amy Aldridge to Retire - March 28, 2017
- FringeArts announces programming for Spring 2017 - March 22, 2017
- Tangle presents Points of Light, a new collection of aerial dance stories, April 7-9 - March 21, 2017
- Annenberg Center Live Welcomes U.S. Tour of Pilobolus’ Shadowland, April 6-8 - March 16, 2017