Esteemed Kimmel Center Resident Company PHILADANCO will perform its Spring program at the Perelman Theater, featuring a selection of fast-moving, breath-taking works by founder Joan Myers Brown’s favorite choreographers. The program, taking place April 13–15, 2017, will feature a combination of revivals and new works from Talley Beatty, Gene Hill Sagan, Dawn Marie Bazemore, and Christopher L. Huggins
“Every production from our beloved Resident Company PHILADANCO is packed with tremendous energy, innovation, and rich culture,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “Joan is a visionary leader who has inspired dancers and choreographers for decades and we’re certain that her inspiration will infuse through in these performances.”
The program will comprise revivals of two classic works of legendary choreographers whose work is still relevant in today’s world: A Rag, a Bone, and a Hank of Hair by Talley Beatty, set to music by Prince and Earth, Wind and Fire; as well as choreographer Gene Hill Sagan’s Sweet Agony set to the soulful sounds of Teddy Pendergrass. The program will also feature two new works by acclaimed choreographers Dawn Marie Bazemore and Christopher L. Huggins.
April 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 15, 2017, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 pm.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling (215) 790-5883. More information at kimmelcenter.org
- Annenberg Center Live Brings Famed Hubbard Street Dance Chicago Back to Philadelphia after 10-year Absence, Oct 20-21 - October 17, 2017
- Philadelphia Dance Projects presents an “Informance” of Wolf-in-Skins, Nov 29-30 - October 15, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Kicks-Off the 2017-2018 Season with Two Fall Programs - October 14, 2017
- Brandywine Ballet announces the return of Nancy Page’s Dracula, Oct 20-22 - October 12, 2017
- PHILADANCO welcomes Kennedy Center Awardee, Carmen de Lavallade in H-I-S-T-O-R-Y , Dec 15-17 - October 10, 2017
- Annenberg Center Live Presents Haruki Murakami’s Sleep, October 27-28 - October 10, 2017
- Acclaimed Artist- Belén Maya, Comes to Drexel University - October 10, 2017
- STOMP, the international percussion sensation returns to the Kimmel Center, Dec. 26-31 - October 8, 2017
- Alonzo King LINES Biophony & The Propelled Heart at Swarthmore College, October 5th - September 28, 2017
- femme.collective presents in the shadows - September 28, 2017