Esteemed Kimmel Center Resident Company PHILADANCO will perform its Spring program at the Perelman Theater, featuring a selection of fast-moving, breath-taking works by founder Joan Myers Brown’s favorite choreographers. The program, taking place April 13–15, 2017, will feature a combination of revivals and new works from Talley Beatty, Gene Hill Sagan, Dawn Marie Bazemore, and Christopher L. Huggins
“Every production from our beloved Resident Company PHILADANCO is packed with tremendous energy, innovation, and rich culture,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “Joan is a visionary leader who has inspired dancers and choreographers for decades and we’re certain that her inspiration will infuse through in these performances.”
The program will comprise revivals of two classic works of legendary choreographers whose work is still relevant in today’s world: A Rag, a Bone, and a Hank of Hair by Talley Beatty, set to music by Prince and Earth, Wind and Fire; as well as choreographer Gene Hill Sagan’s Sweet Agony set to the soulful sounds of Teddy Pendergrass. The program will also feature two new works by acclaimed choreographers Dawn Marie Bazemore and Christopher L. Huggins.
April 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 15, 2017, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 pm.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling (215) 790-5883. More information at kimmelcenter.org
- Pennsylvania Ballet Promotes Thirteen Dancers - May 16, 2017
- Pasión y Arte with guest artist Raquel Heredia at The Barnes, June 2 - May 11, 2017
- Nickerson-Rossi Dance presents Blue Prints, June 2-4 - May 8, 2017
- 7th Annual Philadelphia International Tango Festival, June 1-4 - May 4, 2017
- Bryan Koulman Dance Company & Fairmount Strings Team Up on June 9th - May 4, 2017
- Nichole Canuso Dance Company’s The Garden of Forking Paths, May 10 – June 16 - May 3, 2017
- Leah Stein premieres PORTRAITS: Duets for a More Perfect Union at Woodmere Art Museum, May 20 - May 2, 2017
- Ralph Xavier’s Here & Now Hip Hop Forum, June 10 - May 1, 2017
- Brandywine Ballet Launches Beauty & The Beast, May 19-21 - May 1, 2017
- SHARP Dance Company presents Act One, Act Two, May 12-13 - April 30, 2017