Esteemed Kimmel Center Resident Company PHILADANCO will perform its Spring program at the Perelman Theater, featuring a selection of fast-moving, breath-taking works by founder Joan Myers Brown’s favorite choreographers. The program, taking place April 13–15, 2017, will feature a combination of revivals and new works from Talley Beatty, Gene Hill Sagan, Dawn Marie Bazemore, and Christopher L. Huggins
“Every production from our beloved Resident Company PHILADANCO is packed with tremendous energy, innovation, and rich culture,” said Anne Ewers, President and CEO of the Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts. “Joan is a visionary leader who has inspired dancers and choreographers for decades and we’re certain that her inspiration will infuse through in these performances.”
The program will comprise revivals of two classic works of legendary choreographers whose work is still relevant in today’s world: A Rag, a Bone, and a Hank of Hair by Talley Beatty, set to music by Prince and Earth, Wind and Fire; as well as choreographer Gene Hill Sagan’s Sweet Agony set to the soulful sounds of Teddy Pendergrass. The program will also feature two new works by acclaimed choreographers Dawn Marie Bazemore and Christopher L. Huggins.
April 13, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 14, 2017, 7:30 p.m.
April 15, 2017, 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 pm.
Tickets are on sale now and start at $29.00. Tickets can be purchased by calling 215-893-1999, online at kimmelcenter.org, or at the Kimmel Center Box Office. Group sales are available for groups of 10 or more and can be purchased by calling (215) 790-5883. More information at kimmelcenter.org
- Pennsylvania Ballet Principal Dancer Amy Aldridge to Retire - March 28, 2017
- FringeArts announces programming for Spring 2017 - March 22, 2017
- Tangle presents Points of Light, a new collection of aerial dance stories, April 7-9 - March 21, 2017
- Philadelphia Youth Dance Fest, March 25-26 - March 17, 2017
- Chicago’s Ballet 5:8 presents The Stories of You and Me, April 2nd - March 16, 2017
- Pennsylvania Ballet Completes the 2016-2017 Season with Two Spring Programs - March 15, 2017
- Why I’m Scared of Dance by Jen Childs, April 3rd - March 15, 2017
- The Quiet Circus: River Charrette 2 at RAIR, April 8th - March 15, 2017
- Annenberg Center Live Welcomes U.S. Tour of Pilobolus’ Shadowland, April 6-8 - March 12, 2017
- Nora Gibson Contemporary Ballet N o t h i n g T h a t I s N o t T h e r e, April 21-22 - March 11, 2017