As BalletX wraps up their fall series I decided to see what moments may have looked like from the period the piece was set in. Sunset, o639 Hours, created by choreographer and BalletX Co-Founder Matthew Neenan and award-winning New Zealand composer Rosie Langabeer, is a full-length ballet which interprets the dramatic, true story of aviation pioneer Captain Edwin Musick’s fateful 1938 airmail flight across the Pacific.
What if there were found photos from that time, what would they have looked like? So I took some moments I captured from dress rehearsal, added an Alien Skin Wet Plate filter and this is what I got.
- Temple University Alumni Concert - October 8, 2017
- DUENDE – Break My Echo at FringeArts 2017 - September 13, 2017
- A photo Review of BalletX Summer Series 2017 - July 14, 2017
- Behind The Lens with Pasión y Arte at The Barnes Foundation - June 7, 2017
- Sneak Peak at BalletX Spring Series 2017 - May 3, 2017
- Temple University’s Celebration of World Water Day with SWELL - March 23, 2017
- BalletX Winter Series 2017 - February 14, 2017
- Vintage Sunset – Sunset, o639 Hours by BalletX - November 19, 2016
- Kun-Yang Lin Dancers at the Barnes Foundation - November 6, 2016
- Behind the Lens goes on the road with the DASH - June 25, 2016