Part Time Job Gerrmantown Friends School seeks Part-Time Middle School Dance Teacher
Germantown Friends School is seeking an experienced Teaching Artist to work with students in our middle school program. The focus of the Middle School Theater Arts Program at GFS is to balance introductory skill development with community and character building. It is our goal to engage students in new forms of creative expression while at the same time developing and reinforcing positive relationships among their peer group. We strive for a collaborative approach to theater-making; it is in this spirit of collaboration, that we seek to grow our team of Teaching Artists. Specifically, we are looking for a teacher of Dance to work with 7th and 8th grade students twice a week as part of a newly developed curricular program.
- Creation and implementation of Dance Curriculum for 7th and 8th grade students.
- Teaching introductory Dance and Movement Skills across various styles and techniques
- Encourage and engage students toward participation and personal expression, many of whom will be new to the physical arts
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an energetic and creative artist, enthusiastic about sharing their passion with young people
- Possess personal awareness, ability, and desire to work in a diverse and inclusive Quaker school environment
- Have experience working with middle school students
- Possess skills in classroom management and behavior modification
- Posses a BFA or Equivalent Experience and/or Training
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
505 total views, 1 today