Recently I attended the opening reception of the Leonard Pearlstein Gallery on Drexel’s campus which featured an exhibit of work by contemporary artist Wangechi Mutu and for this opening night event a performance by members of the Drexel Dance Ensemble choreographed by Tania Isaac.
I love the fact that more and more choreographers are getting the chance to bring their art of making movement into galleries and museums seeing the dancers interact with a given exhibit and at times with the audience there to attend.
Here are a handful of images from the event. Be sure to check out the new Leonard Pearlstein Gallery located in the URBN Center Annex at 3401 Filbert Street and of course keep an eye out for upcoming performances by the Drexel Dance Ensemble and also the work of Miss Tania Issac…
Additional credit information: Drexel Dance Ensemble performing “a shady place” choreographed by Tania Isaac within “suspended playtime” installation by Wangechi Mutu. Costumes by Katie Coble. Original music score by Chris Farrell.
All photos by Bill Hebert (BHPhotos) and courtesy of the Drexel Dance Ensemble and choreographer Tania Isaac. Any reproduction or re-posting without permission is strictly forbidden.
- Take It Away Dance at Reading Terminal Market - April 18, 2016
- Fragment/Frame at The Leonard Pearlstein Gallery - March 12, 2016
- Evening of Duets – 2016 - February 7, 2016
- Putty Dance Project – “iStand” - November 28, 2015
- Jennifer Weber brings a touch of old Hollywood with a modern twist to Temple University - October 17, 2015