by Amanda Marion
Photo credit: Rob Kunkle/Good Lux Imagery
Hosted by The Philadelphia Dance Theatre, The Alonzo King LINES Ballet will bring its national educational outreach program to the Philadelphia region from March 14 through March 17, 2013.
The Alonzo King LINES Ballet Discovery Project is an outreach program designed to diversify the scope of LINES Ballet’s impact on young artists and communities nationwide. The program was initiated in 2008 with an inaugural project in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Since that first successful project, Summer Program Director Shirin Keyani-Rose has broadened the impact of these projects to include locations as diverse as St. Petersburg and Tampa, Florida; Kansas City, MO; and more.
As part of its mission, and in collaboration with host communities and fellow dance educators, LINES Ballet provides young artists with three-to-five day intensive dance workshops in their own communities nationwide. Classes include Ballet, Pointe, Men’s Technique, Pas de deux, Modern, Improvisation, and Variations/LINES Ballet Repertoire.
The Discovery Project addresses ways to use dance to bridge gaps created by diversity of experience, perspective, culture, and socioeconomic background. Its aim is to contribute to the overall awareness and support of dance in communities all over the country.
The workshop conducted by Alonzo King LINES Ballet faculty members is targeted for dancers ages 13 to 25 that are of an intermediate to advanced level.
For more information about the upcoming program, contact the Philadelphia Dance Theatre at 215.247.4272 or email@example.com
More about Alonzo King LINES Ballet Discovery Project at http://summer.linesballet.org/discovery-project/
- Three Philadelphia Scottish Dancers Invited to Scotland’s Edinburgh Castle to Perform in the 66th Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo - August 3, 2015
- Your help is needed to preserve Grants to the Arts - July 6, 2015
- U.S. Senate & House Committees Advance NEA Funding - June 17, 2015
- Mendelssohn Club of Philadelphia and Leah Stein Dance Company to present TURBINE - June 15, 2015
- Cardell Dance Theater to debut major new dance work inspired by immigration, SUPPER, PEOPLE ON THE MOVE - June 14, 2015