Well if it was not hard enough picking the top 100 dance performances of 2012, this was even more difficult! And once again we have gone over! This list actually names 26 choreographers, as we could not come to census after several days of discourse. Special thanks to the Dance Journal staff, Merilyn Jackson and several members of the dance community for all their input and deliberations. So here are our final picks for 2012!
PLEASE NOTE THIS LIST IS NOT IN ANY ORDER OR RANKING.
Jaamil Olawale Kosoko
Green Chair Dance collaboration by Sarah Gladwin Camp, Gregory Holt and Hannah de Keijzer
Lela Aisha Jones
Katherine Kiefer Stark
- New Sales Tax On The Arts in Pennsylvania Looms Again - November 30, 2015
- The Nutcracker and Other Favorites – Our Annual Holiday Guide to Dance in Philadelphia - November 19, 2015
- BREAKING NEWS: Eastern University is set to close its Dance Department - November 18, 2015
- The Cost of Self-Producing in FringeArts - August 18, 2015
- 9 Dance Films Coming To The Bryn Mawr Film Institute That Are Not To Be Missed - August 15, 2015